Rated no. 1
The popularity of paper photographs is waning, but the market for photo books is booming. WSOYpro, a division of Finland's top publisher, entered the photo-book business a couple of years ago, and teamed up with Hansaprint at he beginning of year 2011. Kuvatkirjaksi (Pictures as a Book) service was originally aimed at photography professionals and demanding amateurs. Soon its wide selection of book models and clear book-creation programme began to also attract ordinary users of digital pocket cameras.
In March 2011, computer magazine MicroPC ranked Kuvatkirjaksi service as Finland's best, citing the following factors:
- Broad selection of book templates
- Impeccable printing quality
- Page gluing sturdier than competitors'
- Clear instructions for creating photo books
- Ready-to-use templates in the InDesign layout programme